On my way home from school everyday, I pass an Aerosole shoe store. Not always the most fashion forward store, Aerosoles are known for their comfortable and ergonomic shoes (though they've done a great job of repositioning the brand in the last few years). They put out a promo table out almost everyday and, for the last few weeks, there has been a boot on display that I've been lusting for.
| Cute, right? |
However, at about $140 on sale, I couldn't really justify getting a shoe that I may or may not wear all that often.
Just as I as about give up, I saw a similar shoe from Target posted on a fashion blog I follow. While they are not identical, there were a lot of things about the Target version that I was really excited about. I love the idea of having a wedged heel and the faux fur inside lining reminded me of my beloved Uggs. Plus, at $28 dollars (and the $5 dollar off coupon from Target), it was hard to say no!
I went to Target this morning and had a super successful trip. I was able to find the boots, and grab some of my Target fav's -- the ultrasoft sweaters (I now have about 6 of these now). I was also able to find some Missoni items on CLEARANCE! Truly a shock because I wasn't even able to find these items when they were just released at full price. I nabbed the Missoni heels for just over $11 dollars (retail $40) and the Missoni smock for $16 (retail $60).
The random buy of the day was the faux fur vest. The nice thing about being petite is that you can shop in multiple departments. I usually frequent the petite/miss section and can sometimes have luck in juniors. Today, as I was cruising through the little girls section, I found a vest in girls XL that fit!
My Target grand total? With coupons and all, I scored all of the stuff pictured above for under $80. Ironically, at $25, the faux fur vest was my most expensive purchase. Even though this trip brings me to the limit of my monthly budget, I'm super pleased with my purchases and hey... December is just around the corner :)
Not quite "extreme couponing", but still a great shopping trip!
Till next time,
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment