Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Wow, three posts in three days! I often forget about my blog, but once I get on a roll, I'm rolling!

Today is Thanksgiving and I feel like I have a lot to be thankful for this year. Even though this is my first Thanksgiving away from home, I feel very loved and really appreciate all the support and care of my friends and family.

Going to business school has been a goal of mine since my senior year in undergrad. It was something that I worked towards incessantly and, last year as I was applying, the only thing I talked about. Last Thanksgiving, I had just finished all my applications and was nervously preparing for my CBS interview. If only I knew how much my life would change over the next year!

One of the things I didn't fully realize before I went to business school is that it is a decision that really does effect the ones you love in your life. It meant no more gabbing sessions with my best friend from back home. It meant my brother would be the only one around when my mom needed help moving. It meant H and I would have to go through a long-distance relationship, yet again. But through it all, everyone has been so tremendously supportive of me pursuing my dreams. Without their support, transitioning back to school and the stresses of grad school would be very overwhelming.

I am also really thankful for all the friends I've made here at school - my girls and my cluster! At first very nervous about moving across the country to a city where I knew basically no one, I was so happy to meet a group of girls that I can really connect with. CBS girls are a different breed - smart, ambitious and a damn good time. My cluster too has been a great source of friendship -- known for being "quiet" in the classroom, we definitely dominate in Cluster Cup! I'm so thankful to have such an awesome group of people in my life -- my business school experience would be totally incomplete without them!

And I'm really thankful for all the opportunities that CBS has provided to me -- the fantastic network, the recruiting prep and opportunities, the platform for personal and professional growth. I've only really been here for 3 months, but I am having the time of my life and have never felt more empowered when it comes to my career.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: