Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Juice Cleanse - Day 2

Day 2 starts off a little slow, but as soon as I'm awake, I'm boppin' around. I wake up feeling great, but as soon as I'm done brushing my teeth, I realize I am hungry!! Tue/Thursday's are usually my sleep-in weekdays (ah, to be a student). I don't have my accounting class until 10:45am but I need to go pick up my juices so I wake up much earlier today.

Today's gang:


Doesn't look as intimidating as yesterday and I'm already lusting after the salad. I got to try it when the CEO of Organic Avenue came to school to lecture and it is delicious (like real-people food)!!


9:15am  Aloe Vera: Whoops... I was really excited for this one yesterday when I saw the menu, but after one sip, I realized that pure aloe vera is very different from the juice I pick up at the Asian supermarket! For one, there are no jellys! The elixir is actually quite sharp and has a little bite to it. Still, it's not as bad as yesterday's starter, so I down it pretty quickly and my brain quickly turns to the pear juice. Yum! Aloe vera juice is supposed to help to detoxify the blood stream and cleanse the colon. When I think about it, it's pretty cool that I'm doing this for my body. I wonder how I'll feel when I'm finished...

9:40am Pear Juice: Eager for my favorite juice, I barely wait until I tear in this little guy.

10:10am Green Lemonade: I'm busting through these because I have a large chunk of class for most of the day. This juice is so falsely named, it's not even funny! It doesn't taste the least bit like lemonade (though to be fair, it is green). Swiss chard is the main ingredient of this drink and though I'm not quite sure what it is, I know that I don't really like it!

2:00pm Green Love: I'm at the point where I can't really tell the green juices from each other. This one tastes okay. I try to sip it during my operations class, but it's not very appetizing and I only get through a quarter of it during my 1.5 hour lecture. Plus, I cheated a little bit during my biotech business development lunch seminar (a few pieces of mozzarella and some tomato slices from a sandwich).

4:15pm Sun Soup: I feel myself losing some enthusiasm for the juices, but then I realize this is my last one before my salad and my mylk. I'm hoping this mylk tastes as delicious as the one yesterday! I put forth a real effort to drink most of this, even though I'm not really into it. The Sun soup is made with avocado, sunflower sprouts, and zucchini. It too smells pretty grassy and has the thick, smoothie-like texture as the soup from yesterday.

5:30pm Arugula Sprout Salad: I've been looking forward to this salad all day! Made of sunflower sprouts, pine nuts, sun dried tomato, and arugula, this salad tastes almost like a normal salad. Again, the dressing had kind of a weird texture but the carrot cheese more than made up for it! Arugula contains glucosinolates, which are anti-cancer compounds.

7:30pm Yoga class! Such a great way to re-center my body. Since doing the cleanse, I feel like my body feels a little betrayed, but after an hour of focus and mediation, I feel in-tune and back to normal.

9:00pm Green Mylk: Almond: Not as good as yesterday's mylk, but not too bad! It actually tastes a lot like water. Pretty easy going down!

Today's stats:
Weigh-in: 117lbs
Completion: Everything but Green Love.

Last day tomorrow!!

xoxo,
Vi

No comments: