| North Face Women's Base Camp Ballet |
I originally bought these shoes just for my trip to Thailand. I wanted something light and comfy, and for it to be compact/easy to pack. Something that was closed-toed but wouldn't get stinky. Something that I could wear for both physical activities and with sundresses. Demanding... I know, and in all honesty, I was pretty sure that such shoe did not exist.
Enter North Face's Base Camp Ballet.
When I originally tried this shoe on, I knew it had the look I wanted -- it's essentially a sporty looking ballet flat. I could tell it was light and "smushable" (read: easy to cram into an overpacked suitcase) but when I walked around the store in them, the egg-crate like base felt foreign to my feet. I have wide feet so I was worried that the shoes may be too narrow and that I wouldn't be able to break them in on time. Overall, I knew that I liked them, but I wasn't completely sold. After some debate, I decided to bite the bullet. I figured I would always return them if I changed my mind or found a pair of shoes I liked better.
I am SO glad that I kept these babies. I basically lived in them during the my trip to Asia this past summer and even now that I'm back and these shoes compete with all others in my closet, these are the shoes that hold the key to my heart (feet?). I wear them so much now that I contemplated not bringing any other shoe with me to NYC! (Ok, well that lasted just a millisecond).
Admittedly, they don't go with everything. But I really wish that they did because these shoes make my feet so happy!
On a different but related note, I've been thinking about maybe adding a fashion component to my blog. Not because I think I'm particularly fashionable or anything, but because I've been following some fashion blogs and thought it might be fun to record the evolution in my personal style as I change coasts and switch gears in my professional life. Stay tuned on that one...
Just over 50 hours before the big move.... I think I'm still in denial!
Till next time, xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment