Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day One as a New Yorker

Finally in New York!

This past weekend, I finally made the big jump and shipped me, my parents and 25 of my favorite pairs of shoes to NYC. We were greeted with rain... and a lot of it (think thunderstorm, torrential downpour rain). Combined with the heat, it ended up being kind of a hot, sticky rain, which reminded me of my trip to Asia last month. All in all, my parents and I made it safe and sound and all my luggage is ok so no complaints from me!

Our first day in NYC was largely uneventful due to the constant rain and  jetlag/lack of sleep (btw Amy, you totally called it on the Virgin America seats). As we drove around Manhattan, I felt like a tourist but kept having to remind myself that this wasn't a vacation spot anymore... this is now home for me! I know I've had almost all of 2011 so far to digest the fact that I'm moving NYC, but even now, it feels so surreal!

Tomorrow I am moving into my apartment. I'm so excited about moving  all my stuff in so I can put together my room and put everything I learned from watching HGTV to work!!

Till next time,
xoxo

No comments: