Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lucky

I realize that my last few posts have been so sappy, but I'm probably not going to break the trend any time soon :) I am loving my time in business school and feel very fortunate to have this opportunity to live in NY, work on my career, reflect on my aspirations, and meet all these wonderful people.

This weekend, I found myself walking down 5th Avenue in lovely 65 degree weather. I was surrounded by a billion tourists (a feeling I have learned to despise), but for some reason, in that moment, my surroundings made me feel so lucky. Right now, I'm living in a city that people travel thousands of miles to see. NYC is literally my backyard, its famous skyline the backdrop to my b-school adventures. How awesome is that!

The cool thing is when I go "home" this summer, I'll get to spend the entire summer in SF. There is something about SF that puts me at ease. It's not just that I'm familiar with it -- it's something outside of myself; it's the people, the places, the mentality, the energy. I really hope that my summer goes well, because after school it is definitely my goal to move back to SF.

People often say "the grass is greener on the other side" but from my perspective, neither side is greener. Both are the greenest green possible.

I am very lucky!

Love,
Vi

No comments: