Today, on this Easter morning, NYC has never been so lovely! It is still a tad bit on the chilly side, but it's wonderful to see the city embrace springtime. I guess the upside to having a really cold winter is that you can really see the city's transition into spring. The city goes from brown to a lovely shade of pink, as cherry blossoms color the sky.
My closet has also been going through a major transition. I've known for a long time that there are some deadweight pieces in my closet. They are things that I fell in love with in the store, bought, but then never actually wear. There are several reasons why an article of clothing can meet this fate -- usually I didn't try them on in the store, they don't fit correctly, etc. I also have a hoarding problem (it's hard for me to say good bye to things) which compounds the problem. Some of these pieces of clothing have been with me for a few years, moving from city to city without ever getting any wear. This past week, I have been determined to purge my closet of these ghosts, partially to clean my room and prepare for my upcoming move to SF but also to... make room for some new clothes!
When I think about life after business school, a few things come straight to mind -- I want to officially be starting my "forever" career path, I want to be a more serious, confident business women, and I want to be... well dressed! I know it's kind of shallow, but it's something that I've frequently thought about. Graduating from business school, to me, represents my debut back into the professional world. Not as an awkward, timid undergrad, but as a truly sophisticated, intelligent and empowered business woman. And part of that image is projected in how a woman presents herself!
Ever the bargain shopper, I am always on the hunt for a good deal. Sometimes (often times) this means compromises on what I really want for what I think is a good value. I definitely get this from my mom. While I think it's good to be money savvy, I realize more and more as I get older that it's better to have fewer (and possibly more expensive) things that you really love in your closet, then a whole mess of stuff you bought on clearance. Plus, it will probably make moving easier :)
Kind of a silly post for Easter Sunday, but I'm sure I'll think of something deeper to write about soon!
Love,
V
No comments:
Post a Comment