Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Final Stretch

Now a few days after my cleanse, I feel like I'm back to normal! I eat normal sized portions and crave fast food. The only notable differences are that my pants fit me a little looser now (woohoo!), my constant thirst level and resulting increase in fluid intake, and my aversion to anything that sounds "really greasy". All in all, I think it was a worthwhile experience and I may possibly consider doing it again in the future.

This week is our final full week of classes for this first semester. It completely boggles my mind that we're already here now -- time is just flying by! After this next week, we go into finals, which stretches over a week and a half... and then it's time to go home for winter break! I'm looking forward to the break and seeing everyone at home.

This week have a final presentation for one of my elective courses, Strategic Innovation Management. It was a pretty interesting course about how companies look at innovation and how they manage it within their product portfolio. The content was pretty interesting, but I'm excited to wrap up this course this week so that I have time to focus on the finals for my core courses.

Many times this semester, I felt like I was just barely managing to stay afloat in a lot of my classes, but retrospectively, I really have learned a lot. Before August, I would have no idea how to find the optimal debt to equity capital structure for a company, how to calculate a WACC or know what a COGS is. Regardless of how finals fare, I know that I've learned a whole new skills set that I'm proud of and eager to use.

Anytime, time to get back to get back to my operations homework!

Love,
V


No comments: