Honest, this summer just flew by. Since my last post, I have...
- Ran a half marathon (and now contemplating signing up for another)
- Visited Napa/Sonoma a handful of times
- Hung out with family
- Celebrated 6 years with H!
- Finished my internship
- Celebrated the end of my internship with a Vegas trip!
As we near the end of August, it amazes me how quickly, yet how much happened this summer. I really enjoyed being back in SF and it reminds me of how badly I want to live here after school. My internship experience went well and the company is supposed to make hiring decisions within the next 2-3 weeks. I'll likely have to start the recruiting process at school regardless but will play it by ear!
I'm starting to pack up my things now in preparation for the move back East (I feel kind of like a migrating bird.. except I'm traveling TOWARDS the cold!). As I move things into my suitcase, it kind of reminds me of how just last August I was doing the exact same thing. I was nervous, excited, and sad... and now I'm feeling kind of the same as I go into my second year. Though the feelings are similar, the reasons behind them are a little different. I'm nervous about how the full-time job situation will unfold (versus just nervous about NYC and b-school). Excited about 2nd year and rejoining all my friends in NYC (versus the unknown). Sad about... well I guess sad has the same reason -- all my family and friends here in the Bay!
Even with all these mixed emotions, the one that comes out strongest is my excitement. Second year has come quick, but I'm sure it's going to be a memorable one.
Cheers to a fantastic summer,
V
No comments:
Post a Comment