Saturday, September 17, 2011

PTSD

Last Friday, I took my first midterm in about 5 years. It was a painful experience but a good reminder that student life isn't just fun and games!

The last couple of weeks, I've been getting in a good rhythm during the week and learning how to balance studying, socializing and pre-recruiting prep. After the overwhelming experience of orientation, I'm happy to have found my groove.

Unfortunately this will probably be short lived as recruiting starts the week after next! In late September, companies come onto campus to deliver presentations on their companies and opportunities that they will have over the summer. It's like the starting gun at a track meet... everyone's stretched out and crouched down, but as soon as that gun goes off, it's going to be pure chaos.

I'm taking the next few weeks to brush off my resume (I've had it reviewed by 2 CMC officers already but am getting my third next week...), work on delivering my "elevator pitch" and start to ramp up my daily intake of healthcare news. I'm nervous and excited about recruiting season and already can't wait until I know where I'll be next summer.

One of the best parts of my b-school experience so far has been finding a good group of girl friends. Yes, I have always been one of those girls with more guy friends than girl friends but it has been really easy to reverse that here. There is unspoken kinship between the CBS ladies and it's great to feel such support and friendship from all these wonderful people. The great thing about business school is that you've, essentially, been selected to build a community with career-minded, already-successful, smart individuals. Everyone has such interesting backgrounds and I feel like I learn as much from my classmates as I do my professors.

Ok, time to get some work done :)

Till next time,
xoxo

No comments: