Monday, March 11, 2013

Being a Grown Up

Coming to business school, I've been able to make a lot of friends who are older than myself. Not significantly older, but people who have 5-8 years more experience than I do. I think what's been surprising to me is how similiar they are to myself - share in the same wonders, fears, worries. I've always imagined that by a certain age, I would suddenly have clarity on life and with this new wisdom, I would be able to smartly navigate the world I so clearly understood. Through this experience, I guess I'm learning that this is not the care. Life will always be a bit hazy, people will never mature completely, and there will always be a bit of confusion in growing up.

I'm learning to become okay with that and in a weird way, it's kind of liberating. I had always felt like I was waiting for some kind of epiphany, but it looks like it doesn't work that way. Life is just a continual series of lessons and learnings, there is no magical "corner" that you turn around.

BTW I totally think "learnings" is a word even though I get spell-checked every time with that word.

LEARNINGS!!!

No comments: