Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday

I feel like it was only a few months ago that I was writing my first posts on this blog about how excited I was to go to business school and now, I'm almost done. The next few months are going to be lots of fun (with trips to Florida, Japan and Puerto Rico) and bittersweet excitement as my MBA experience comes to an end. I have mixed feelings about graduation - part of me is sad that I'm already done with grad school and the other (slightly larger) part can't wait to move onto the next phase of my life.

This semester, my goal is to focus on experiencing as much of b-school and NYC as I can. Sometimes I feel like I can get wrapped up in obsessing over the "it" pair of shoes or handbag that I simple *must* own. As we head into the Lenten season in my final semester, I'm trying to recenter myself to focus on making memories and the positive side of things - my relationships, experiences and life changes. I need to learn to accept what I cannot control and to appreciate the blessings that I have in my life. You only live once, so you need to make each moment count and love the gifts you have.

No comments: