While the internship search process started for all of us months ago, the last 20 days that I've been back in NYC feel like they've lasted forever and have aged me a few years for sure. By the end of this week, I will have done 20 interviews, some lasting just 30 minutes and others up to 5 hours. I'll pretty much be done with all my first round interviews, from which I've already gotten some rejections and a handful of 2nd round interview invites.
The interviewing process for MBA internships typically is done in 2 phases -- a round 1 that is more introductory and typically with someone who is a recent MBA grad or HR and a round 2 that is a lot more in-depth, where you meet with several people, including senior managers and executives. The interviews themselves are very different from what I'm used to - by the time you get into their office, you better darn well know the company backwards and forwards. No questions are off limits!! I've been asked several times to comment on the company's growth strategy, make suggestions for new areas of growth for the company, identify whether or not a company overpaid/underpaid for a recent acquisition. The hardest question I've gotten so far was about why a company's lead product was clinically superior to its competitor. It's CRAZY how much they test you, but in the end, they are screening for future company leaders so the question make sense... but when you are sitting on the receiving end, it's kind of nerve-wracking!
I hope all this searching will be fruitful and that I will be done soon. I'm still excited about my internship future, but the interviewing process has been very tiring!!
Best,
V
No comments:
Post a Comment