The last few weeks have been activity filled, for sure! Late September marked the beginning of the recruiting season. Companies now are parading on campus to host corporate presentations where they share with 1st and 2nd year students their company mission, values and opportunities for students, both over the summer and post-MBA. I've been attending as many of these presentations as I can, both for companies I'm targeting and those I'm peripherally interested in, because they're really informative and help you build an understand of how the company sees itself and what it sees in its future. Plus, a lot of times there is free food! :)
The school is working really hard at making sure we're all prepared for recruiting season and the impending interview season that follows. This past week, I did a lab practicum where I practiced my interviewing skills in front of a small group.. and a video camera! This was the second time that I did such an exercise (the first time was during my senior year in college), and it was really fun to see how my style and presence has changed. I feel like how I believe I present myself is a little more aligned with what others are perceiving, which is exciting. I still see some things that I want to tweak, but overall it was insightful experience that made me proud of how I have matured over the last 5 years -- finally learned how to wear that suit!
Next week is the end of the A-term for this semester, which means finals and midterms are here. The two weeks, it's going to be critical for me to focus and to continue to keep up with my studies as well as network, network, network!
Till next time,
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment